Supporting Pregnancy with ATMAT
During pregnancy, ATMAT addresses uterine malposition, pelvic bone misalignment & pelvic bowl congestion and brings great relief to a variety of pregnancy symptoms including round & broad ligament pain, low back & hip pain, varicosities, digestive issues. The correct position and free movement of the uterus is very important for a healthy pregnancy and easier birth. ATMAT is a simple and effective massage brought to us by Dr. Rosita Arvigo as taught to her by traditional Central American midwives. Traditionally, Mayan midwives give abdominal massage as part of their routine care for pregnant women.
ATMAT is supportive of the physical changes experienced by women during their pregnancy and optimally aligns your uterus within your pelvic bowl, which in turn decreases tension and strain. The bones of the lower back and pelvis are also aligned to insure good blood supply to the fetus, improved nerve supply to the uterus, proper fetal positioning for delivery and a more comfortable pregnancy and labor.
Benefits of ATMAT during pregnancy:
- Improved digestion with better elimination abd kess morning sickness & heartburn
- Constipation, hemorrhoid & varicose vein relief
- Reduction of tension, anxiety and headaches
- Reduction of Urinary Tract Infections & Abnormally frequent urination
- Decrease in edema, weak tingling legs, Pain while sitting, Low back pain, round ligament and back pain, siatica
- Improved positioning of uterus allowing baby more options for optimal positioning
- Improved alignment of pelvic bones which play an important part in labor and delivery
- Increased efficiency of labor and birth
Supporting Pregnancy with Acupuncture
Acupuncture has been demonstrated to have significant immune-modulating effects. This effect may be important in reducing the risk of rejection by the mother’s immune system in the early days as the embryo implants and a pregnancy is established. In addition regular monitoring of the pulse (a TCM diagnostic technique) and regular treatment with acupuncture designed to reduce anxiety offers you important and reassuring support during these first few weeks of pregnancy. Clinical trials have shown that regular monitoring and reassurance reduces miscarriage rates. Studies in China have shown that Chinese herbs can reduce the incidence of miscarriage in early pregnancy after IVF.
Schedule: 1 treatment per week until week 12 of pregnancy.
Because it is safe and does not introduce any substance into the body, acupuncture is ideally suited to treat the following conditions:
Pre Natal Care
- Pregnancy support
- Prevent Miscarriage
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Anxiety, Depression, Mood swings
- Pain – Pelvic Girdle, Back, and sciatica pain
- Incompetent Cervix
- Preterm Labor
- Hypertension / Pre – Eclampsia
Pre Birth Care
- Breech Presentation
- Posterior Presentation
- Cervical Ripening
VIP BIRTH CONCIERGE® Pregnancy Support Protocol:
- Beginning at 20 weeks, once a month until 28 weeks, every two weeks from 28-36 weeks and once a week till the baby is born.
- As part of your ATMAT treatment during pregnancy, you are taught how to do a special self-care massage which helps deepen your connection to your body and growing baby. The massage helps you to relax and empowers you to alleviate your symptoms and improve your uterine strength and resiliency with your own two hands.
ACUPUNCTURE & ORIENTAL MEDICINE:
- once a month for maintenance if no issues
- 1-2 times a week for acute conditions ie. morning sickness, sciatica, pain, headaches, edema, etc