385 Tequesta Drive Suite 4 Tequesta FL 33469
"Where Beautiful Births Begin"
With a variety of offerings to choose from, I’m sure you'll be happy working with us to create the pre-conception, pregnancy, labor & birth of your dreams!
If you can dream it you can achieve it! Yours for better birth, Dr. Bella & the VIP BIRTH team xo
Oriental Medicine & Food Therapy
Oriental medicine, which includes the practice of Acupuncture, herbal medicine, moxibustion, Oriental massage and Oriental nutrition, is a safe and effective form of medical treatment that has evolved into a complete holistic health care system encompassing a variety of traditional health care therapies that have been used for more than 3,000 years to diagnose and treat illness, prevent disease and improve well-being.
Other aspects of Oriental medicine are:
- Electroacupuncture - the use of fine micro-current technology
- Diet, Lifestyle and Nutritional Counseling
- Cupping - this employs a glass or bamboo cup as a suction device to stimulate blood circulation
- Tai Chi - a form of physical exercise
- Qi Gong - breath exercise
- Various forms of therapeutic massage
In order to promote the body’s natural ability to heal itself, Chinese medicine focuses on restoring and maintaining the natural balance of your body’s Qi. When Qi is balanced and flowing, the body is in good health. Disease and illness occur when the energy is either obstructed, deficient, or in any way out of balance.
Acupuncture can be used during pregnancy to keep the body at an optimum Qi or energy level. There are so many changes that the body is going through and acupuncture is used to maintain a balance within all the energy meridians. It is extremely good at relieving nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Other symptoms that acupuncture can alleviate include: heartburn, constipation, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, edema, sinusitis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, anemia, fatigue, musculoskeletal pain and urinary tract infections. It can be used safely as an alternative induction method that has no side effects.
"Moxa" is a form of heat therapy in which dried plant materials called "moxa" are burned on or very near the surface of the skin. Moxa stimulates specific acupuncture points of the body. The term is derived from the Japanese “mogusa” meaning herb (mugwort) and the Latin ” bustion” meaning burning.
- Moxibustion warms and invigorates the flow of Qi in the body, dispels certain pathogenic influences & increases the local blood flow. It is very comforting and can create a deep relaxation response.
- Moxibustion in conjunction with Acupuncture can be very effective for many diseases including back pain, sciatica, muscle stiffness, headaches, migraines, tendinitis, anemia and blood deficiency problems, female health problems as menstrual cramps, irregular periods and infertility. It can treat cold constitutions.
- In pregnancy BREECH PRESENTATIONS can be successfully corrected from week 35 onwards by stimulating acupuncture point Bladder 67 with moxa. The acupuncture point Bladder 67 is an empirical point stimulating the baby to turn its in utero position. It is an absolutely non-invasive treatment for mother and baby.
This healing technique consists of creating a vacuum by placing a cupping glass on the skin. The cup creates suction on the skin stimulating blood to flow to the area where the cup is placed. This process helps relieve inflammation in the area of the body were the treatment is applied. Chinese cupping treatment is commonly used to treat lung and respiratory inflammation and congestion, but it is very useful in cases of infertility because it helps detoxify the body.
Research shows cupping can ease muscular tension, facilitate mobility, alleviate spasms, soften restrictions in connective tissue and increase blood flow. Cupping can be used during pregnancy to purify the blood and drain the lymphatic system.
Cupping Can Be A Helpful Complementary Treatment For:
Wrist Pain from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Lower Back Pain
S/I Joint Issues
Neck and Shoulder Pain
Sciatic Pain from Piriformis Syndrome
The Arvigo Technique of Maya Abdominal Therapy
ATMAT supports the body’s natural healing capacity to maintain homeostasis, hemodyanmics, and increases the five channels of flow (arterial, venous, lymphatic, nerves, chi/energy). ATMAT is specifically beneficial to the digestive system, the reproductive system, and for bladder health.
ATMAT is founded on the ancient Mayan technique of abdominal massage, which is an external non invasive manipulation that repositions internal organs that have shifted, combined with the modern science of anatomy and physiology.
- Spiritual Bathing is an ancient Maya healing practice that removes emotional obstacles that block you from whole-hearted living. Using the vibrational power of water infused with plants, flower essences, sacred incense, prayers and intention, this cleansing can make a huge difference in your life. It can liberate you from the past and reconnect you to your soul force.
A Spiritual Bath shifts you. It uplifts your spirit by washing away negativity, grief, stagnation and world-weariness, and removes obstacles that block success in achieving your goals and desires. Cleansing breaks the cycle of the ‘monkey mind’ and gives you space and clarity to put things into perspective.
- Holistic by its very nature, Maya medicine is classified as a medico-religious healing tradition, taking into account not only the physical ills of the body but also their effects on the spirit. The Maya recognize diseases of the soul as well as the body and are aware of the connection between spiritual and physical causes of illness. A spiritual Bath will help you to:
- Manifest dreams and long buried desires
- Bring courage and confidence to the unknown
- Gain closure to trauma or overwhelming emotional states
- Release fear, jealousy, resentment or envy
- Liberate yourself from stress and anxiety
- Draw projects and relationships into fruition
Yoni/Root Steam Bath
- Steam Baths have been used in ancient medicine for Eons of time. For those not familiar with what Yoni/Root steaming is, think of it like a medicinal, herbal, steam facial for the vagina for women and the prostate and perineum for men.
Typically, they are done in order to detox and heal any imbalances in the pelvic bowl, vagina, cervix, uterus, prostate & perineum. Vaginal steaming has also been known to ease anxiety in women as well as resolve several other health issues-
- Irregular and painful periods
• Vaginal cysts
• Infertility for men and women
• Bladder and yeast infections
• Uterine fibroids
• Scarring from childbirth, hysterectomies and laparoscopies
Holistic Midwifery Care
- Specializing in primary health care for women of all ages, including pap smears, breast exams, physicals, fertility counseling, and family planning.
Dedicated to the belief that pregnancy and birth are normal processes in a woman's life, midwives provide personalized, compassionate, and thorough maternity care. This includes comprehensive physical and emotional care for a mother and her baby through pregnancy, labor, birth and continuing after the baby is born. Midwives are present during the labor and birth, which is often not the case with other care providers who "check-in" periodically during labor and are present for the delivery itself.
"Where Beautiful Births Begin"
BELLABIRTHING® is more than a technique, it is a philosophy; based on the belief that fear and tension are counterproductive to a calm and beautiful birth.
BELLABIRTHING® workshops designed to open your mind and body up to the beauty that lies within each of us as women and mothers. You will learn the tools to carry you through a conscious pregnancy, childbirth and early parenting. You will find yourself better equipped to make decisions that are right for you and your family. As you learn to move through your birth with awareness, you will not only receive knowledge, but confidence in your body’s abilities as all your concerns and fears are addressed and demystified.
Homeopathy for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond
Homeopathy was founded in the late 1700s in Germany and has been widely practiced throughout Europe. Homeopathic medicine views symptoms of illness as normal responses of the body as it attempts to regain health. It is a holistic medical philosophy and practice based on the idea that the body has the ability to heal itself.
Homeopathy is perfectly safe to use during pregnancy, childbirth, the post natal period and for breastfeeding moms and their babies. It is one of many natural therapies that can enhance your body’s own healing ability, bringing balance and well-being and in most cases the elimination of symptoms and overall improvement in health. Unlike conventional drugs homeopathic medicines are non-addictive and have no dangerous side effects. Homeopathy doesn’t interfere with conventional medicine and is ideal to use at times when you might not want to use conventional drugs.
CranioSacral Therapy (CST)
- A gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the body to reliAeve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance.
It was pioneered and developed by Osteopathic Physician John E. Upledger after years of clinical testing and research at Michigan State University where he served as professor of biomechanics.
Using a soft touch which is generally no greater than 5 grams – about the weight of a nickel – practitioners release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system. CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and it''s effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
Lymph Drainage Therapy
- LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body.
An innovative hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO. It has been created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
- With these skills, practitioners can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels. With developed listening skills LDT practitioners are able to use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…).
- dōTERRA’s AromaTouch Technique is a clinical approach to applying essential oils along energy meridians and visceral contact points of the back and feet to help balance sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems of the body.
Developed by Dr. David Hill, a leading expert in integrative medicine and therapeutic applications of essential oils, the AromaTouch Technique improves wellbeing by reducing physical and emotional stressors and by supporting healthy autonomic function. The technique is simple and intuitive and uses dōTERRA’s CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade™ essential oils for an unparalleled grounding experience for recipients.
The body is designed to be self-correcting. It's job is to maintain balance and the free-flow of Qi. The chakras are an energetic gateway, feeding the body energy and providing an outlet for the release and dispersal of spent energy.Each chakra resonates with a particular frequency of vibration and are an integral part of holistic healing.
After a Chakra Balancing, you may feel an over all sense of well being and a positive new outlook about your life and its outcomes as it restores your energy and provides purpose to your goals. It "turns the lights back on" as Ive herd it said by those who receive the treatment.
Acutonics & Vibrational Medicine
Acutonics is an integrated approach to health care grounded in Oriental medicine, psychology, science, cosmological studies and sound healing principals.
This effective non-invasive methodology works with vibratory energy created through sound. The sounds of planetary bodies are brought into the clinical setting through the use of precision calibrated tuning forks, tibetan gongs, and hand chimes.
- Vibrational medicine is a term used to describe a wide variety of living remedies. Vibrational medicine incorporates the use of chi energies within living organisms such as plants, gemstones and crystals, water, sunlight, and even the foods we eat. Almost everything we touch and see around us has a living pulse inside of it. We need look no further than the planet we live on to take advantage of its natural vibrational remedies to help us balance the chi energy within our own bodies.
MEDITATION & YOGA
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction brings together mindfulness meditation and yoga.
Although MBSR is a training with potential benefits for all types of participants, historically, students have suffered from a wide range of chronic disorders and diseases.
- Mindfulness practice is ideal for cultivating greater awareness of the unity of mind and body, as well as of the ways the unconscious thoughts, feelings, and behaviors can undermine emotional, physical, and spiritual health.
- The mind is known to be a factor in stress and stress-related disorders, and meditation has been shown to positively effect a range of autonomic physiological processes, such as lowering blood pressure and reducing overall arousal and emotional reactivity. In addition to mindfulness practices, MBSR uses yoga to help reverse the prevalence of disuse atrophy from our culture's largely sedentary lifestyle, especially for those with pain and chronic illnesses.